Tuesday 31 January 2023

Decemborc, Rise of the Orc Lords; Week 2

 

New Porcus Town

Planning

In Week 1 my gamble on Goblin Town failed and yet I lived to fight another day. I even gained more Goblins to bolster my numbers up to 430HD in my main army (Porcus Force). My ally, Kris Karnhell, had traded in his Goblins at the end of week 1, which got him on the score board; but, I considered it a mistake; my plan was to grow my army as much as possible and Goblins were as good as any other grunt. 



When I tried to reconcile the Week 1 daily battle reports with the combat tables I found I did not understand at all how they worked; Mr Wargaming told me to think harder.

This week I intended to follow through with my allies in the Southeast Conference and take Oghma Town for my reinforcements to arrive in. Once again we were concerned that he might slip through to Malturrim and pick up his own reinforcements, so I wanted to attack on day 2 before that could happen.

Kul of Dripping Blades wanted to end the week with a dwarf raid, and so enthusiastic was Kris Karnhell that he left his stone walled home village with nothing more than "orc dummies propped up peeking behind my walls, lol". This gamble would have consequences.

With a sub chief dead in Goblin Town, I had 3 spare 2 HD bodyguards who did not count in battle (being less than 10HD), I would make use of them in other ways. 


Orders

Porcus Orcus Orders Dec 8-14
-------------------------
Main Goals
#1 Take Oghma's village (8,5)
#2 Deposit gold in Malturrim 
#3 Get reinforcements in Oghma's former village 
#4 after #1 is achieved, split rewards with Kull & KK, sub chief and 10HD orcs from old home 10,9 to move up to new home 8,5, other sub-chief will hand over gold in Malturirm, Porcus may purchase some goblins from Kul if this works out.

-------------------------
Day 1
Porcus Force in 8,6 430HD total
  • Moves to 7,6
  • Gizzard the Wizard casts Invisibility on a 2hd former bodyguard

Be ready to engage an Oghma force if encountered moving through 7,6.

Day 2 
  • One sub-chief an co. in 7,6 take gold to Malturim in 6,5
  • Porcus Force moves to 8,5 and attacks Oghma's village (in conjunction with Kul & KK)
  • Gizzard the Wizard casts Levitate on an invisible former bodyguard, he will attempt to go into the village and open the gate at an opportune time.
  • Gizzard also will cast Ventriloquism at max range (90 yards) to project behind the wall and yell things like "The (opposite side to the gate) wall has been breached, flee for your lives!" & "Oghma is down, Oghma is down!" And, in Porcus' voice, "I, Porcus Orcus, will spare all who surrenders to fight hoomans for loot and slaves!"  
Day 3+ Porcus Force continues siege if required, 
  • Gizzard to (re)invis other 2hd former body guards if nothing else is required of him

Due to events on Day 2 there were Supplemental Orders for Week 2:

Day 3

  • Because the are currently no subchiefs at (8,5) Warlord Porcus has to stay there, so Gizzard the Wizard leads Gizzard Force; comprised of all but 10 HD of warriors from (8,5) including the recently arrived reinforcements (I guess around 300hd in total), along with all the gold (500 plus any loot gained from Oghma). He leaves Porcus and moves to (7,6), he also casts Invisibility on a "ninja orc" (what I'm calling the former 2hd body guards)

Day 4 

  • Gizzard Force moves to Malturrim, picks up the Sub-Chief there, and hands in an even number of points in Gold (ie if he has 600 then all of it, if 500 then only 400)
  • Gizzard casts Invisibility on another "ninja orc"

Day 5 

  • Gizzard Force moves to (5,6)
  • casts Invisibility on a "ninja orc" if we still have 3, otherwise on himself.

Day 6 

  • Gizzard Force moves to (4,6)
  • Assess defences in place and have levitate ready; if very lightly defended then he may attack the village. However, the priority is to be in position to raid humans in week 3 so only if they really have their pants down

Day 7

  • Gizzard Force moves to (3,7) ready to hit humans in Week 3

Meanwhile, as discussed

Day 3

  • Subchief and all HD of Orcs from my old home hex (10,8) move to meet KK and for the siege (8,7). After defeating the Hoomans, or after the loss of 40 or more HD, the subchief and survivors will march north to (8,5).

Results

The Siege of Oghma Town itself went very smoothly (vale chief Oghma) with Gizzard's sneaky wizard tricks helping, and I now understood the siege combat table. Everything after that was a mess, KK had lost his home village to humans; Kul had to return home to pick up his reinforcements; my reinforcements spawned in the wrong place, but, somehow, in the right place to help KK retake his town then make it back up to New Porcus Town by the end of the week. Meanwhile, Gizzard the Wizard lead a force deep into enemy territory and was well placed at 4,6 to strike in Week 3. 

Oh, and not only was I on the leader board; thanks to rain preventing others scoring with their treasure, I was on top, for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trollopulous Adjusted Session 62 (Machodor #31); The Black Knight

         Timekeeping This session took place on 07/03/2024, and the PCs adventured for 4 days. Player Characters Present Giuseppe (Level 6 P...